Statement of Faith
10:30 A.M. - Worship Gathering
(Come early and enjoy coffee and fellowship at 10 a.m.)
10:30 A.M. - StoryTime
(Children ages 3-8)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
What we believe
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God
- There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years.
- In the blessed hope, the imminent return of Christ for overcoming believers.
- In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation.
- Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it. The Holy Spirit in a person’s life is evidenced by changes in that person’s life, including a renewed love for God and people, a commitment to the Scriptures and holy living, and the gifts that accompany a Spirit-filled life (See Acts 2 and I Corinthians 12). The greatest expression of a Spirit-filled life is an increased capacity to love God and love others.
- The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and her Great Commission on earth.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
- In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
- Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
- Marriage is God-ordained. “The creator made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh” (Matthew 19:4-5). Marriage is to be an exclusive relationship, a lifelong faithful union between a man and a woman. This relationship between a husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30). A civil government’s sanction of a union will be recognized as a legitimate marriage by the church only to the extent that it is consistent with the definition of “marriage” found in this Statement of Faith.
- God has called his people to a life of purity that includes the avoidance of adultery, premarital sex and homosexuality. Because such behaviors are inconsistent with the teachings of the Church, those in leadership and spiritual development ministries must adhere to biblical standards of sexual morality.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139.)
- We practice two ordinances: (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving the gift of salvation. And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.